1999-2004 Cobra Mustang, MM3 Race series damper package for IRS Mustang, includes two MM3 Race struts and two MM3 Race shocks.
- Intended for track-driven IRS-equipped Mustangs with front coil-over spring rates of 450 lb/in to 500 lb/in and rear coil-over spring rates of 650 lb/in to 700 lb/in.
- Exclusive MM valving designed for superb track performance, not for street ride quality.
- Intended for lowered cars; the strut mounting ears are relocated on the housing to increase bump travel.
- Shocks do not include shock mount bushings because they are part of the coil-over conversion kit these shocks are intended to accompany.
- Not intended for use with conventional springs: Could produce a severe overdamped effect.
- Includes MMD-FC20RA3 front struts.
- Includes BE5-2959-MM3a rear shocks.
For more details and technical information, scrolldown.
- Superb track performance, especially in wheel-to-wheel racing
- MM3 Race struts are made with patented mono-tube technology
- Inverted strut design has very large strut shaft bushings for greater resistance to deflection from cornering loads, and protection of the oil seal
- High nitrogen gas pressure prevents oil foaming and resultant fading
- Monotube design has better heat dissipation than twin-tube dampers, keeps the oil cooler, and decreases heat-induced damper fade
- Each MM3 Race series strut and shock is tested on a shock dyno
- MM3 Race series rear shocks come with an integral, progressive bump stop
- MM struts do not come with dustcovers because these struts are intended for use with coil-overs, and the appropriate small dustcovers are included with our front coil-over kit.
- MM3 Race series series rear shocks are ready to accept the MM rear coil-over conversion kit; they are manufactured with the groove in the shock body that is required by a coil-over conversion kit
- When used with conventional stock-location springs, the MM Sport series dampers provide excellent control. While ideal for track use, in street use there is an increase in ride harshness when driven on rough pavement.
Offered exclusively by Maximum Motorsports for open-tracking and wheel-to-wheel road racing. The MM3 Race series dampers are intended for track-driven Mustangs with spring rates higher than the rates compatible with the MM2 Race series dampers. Constructed with the highest-grade materials and extreme attention to detail, Maximum Motorsports manufactures the finest dampers possible.
MM3 Race series struts and shocks are the perfect choice for a car that sees aggressive open-tracking, time trials, or wheel-to-wheel racing. Designed to control the coil-over spring rates required for on-track performance, the MM3 Race series struts and shocks are intended for a track-driven cars equipped with coil-overs. The MM3 Race series rear shocks are ready to accept the MM rear coil-over conversion kit; they are manufactured with the groove in the shock body that is required by a coil-over conversion kit.
All MM non-adjustable struts and shocks utilize patented mono-tube technology. Compared to twin-tube dampers, these provide better heat dissipation to keep the damper's oil cool, which decreases heat-induced damper fade. The highest nitrogen gas pressure available prevents oil foaming and fading. The inverted strut design allows for very large strut shaft bushings, which are less prone to deflection. This inverted strut design also keeps the oil seal protected from the elements. Every MM damper is tested on a shock dyno before leaving the factory to ensure quality.
All MM3 race series struts feature unique proprietary strut housings with high-strength, relocated mounting ears. These mounting ears prevent the possibility of bending as a result of brake-torque reaction loads. The mounting ears are relocated to increase bump travel on lowered cars. All MM3 Race series rear shocks come with an integral, progressive bump stop.
Warranty on MM struts is 3 years.