Improved Racing's GM LS-series oil cooler adapter's slim design was developed to provide more header clearance than any other adapter on the market. The mounting holes are counter-bored so the mounting bolts fit flush with the adapter surface, and the included Viton rubber and aluminum gasket is recessed into the adapter for maximum clearance with a reliable seal.
The adapter features two 1/8" NPT ports for sensors or a turbo oil supply line. It is machined from a single piece of billet 6061-T6 aluminum and is black anodized. The adapter features standard female -08AN O-ring boss ports for optional anodized adapter fittings in your choice of -8AN, -10AN or -12AN lines. Can be mounted upside down on the 5th generation Camaro / G8 oil pan for additional header clearance.
The optional 1/8" NPT temperature sensor for the 1997-2004 Chevrolet Corvette (C5), part number LC5-100, allows you to retain the functionality of the factory oil temperature gauge. The sensor features an extended pigtail with a factory connector and is 100% plug-and-play with the factory wiring harness. This retains the functionality of the factory C5 Corvette oil temp gauge exactly as stock.
Old part number EGM-1006.
Features and Benefits
- 100% bolt-on in place of the factory oil bypass cover, just above the oil filter
- Low-profile design provides more header clearance than any other oil cooler adapter on the market. Clears most long tube headers, including the JTR and Spoolin Performance headers in RX-7 LS engine swaps.
- Two 1/8" NPT ports for sensors or turbo oil feed line
- Optional 1/8" NPT oil temp sensor is 100% compatible with the factory C5 Corvette oil temp gauge
- Retains stock oil filter location
- Oil exiting the adapter is filtered oil
- 6061-T6 billet aluminum construction with black MIL-A-8625 Type II anodized finish
- Lifetime Warranty
- Made in the USA
* Dimensions are shown in inches.
Available in -8AN, -10AN, or -12AN
- 1x Low-profile oil cooler adapter block
- 2x Black anodized -8AN, -10AN, or -12AN adapter fittings with Viton O-rings (OPTIONAL)
- 1x Aluminum oil cooler gasket with Viton seals
- 2x Stainless steel mounting screws
- 2x 1/8" NPT plugs with thread sealant
Note: This oil adapter is designed for O-ring boss fittings with a straight thread length of 0.500" or less. We recommend using our fittings in order to guarantee proper fitment and seal.
Corvette motor mounts: We recommend using a 90-degree AN fitting on the top port and a 90-degree AN fitting on the front (angled) port to connect the oil lines to this adapter.
F-Body motor mounts: We recommend using a 90-degree AN fitting on the top port and a 60-degree AN fitting on the front (angled) port to connect the oil lines to this adapter.
Gen IV LS Engines: On some engines, the knock sensor is located above the oil cooler adapter. You may need to loosen and rotate the knock sensor slightly, and unbolt and move the knock sensor wiring harness out of the way to clear the oil lines.
- All 1997 and later GM LS family engines (Gen III & IV) with rear-sump oil pans including LS1/LS6, LS2, LS3, LS7, L76/L92/L93, LQ4/LQ9, LS9, LSA. Also fits all GM Gen III & IV Vortec V8 engines.
- Does not fit LSX.
NOT suitable for front-sump pans such as Pontiac GTO or Holden/Vauxhall Monaro & Commodore oil pans. Please see our front-sump oil cooler adapter for these applications, part number EGM-107.