Improved Racing's thermostatic oil cooler adapters make it easy to add a performance oil cooler to your LS-family engine. The built-in thermostat automatically bypasses the cooler until safe operating temperatures are reached. No more worrying about over-cooling engine oil or long warm-up times!
This "bottom inlet" thermostatic oil cooler adapter is easy to install in the 5th generation Camaro and Pontiac G8 as it does not require adjusting the knock sensor to clear the oil lines. Unlike many other oil cooler adapters, it will also clear the LSX and Dart LS Next engine blocks without modification.
The thermostat block features an additional port which may be used for a 1/8" NPT or M12 sensor or as an oil feed for an oil accumulator or a turbo. For the C5 Corvette, choose the M12 sensor port option to retain use of the factory oil temperature sensor. The factory sensor will plug right in; no need to extend the sensor harness.
The adapter features standard female -8AN O-ring boss ports that accept optional male adapter fittings for -8AN, -10AN or -12AN lines.
Features and Benefits
- Bolts to most rear-sump LS engine oil pans with factory style oil bypass cover
- Clears the LSX and Dart LS Next engine blocks without modification
- Ideal for the 5th Generation Camaro and Pontiac G8
- "Bottom inlet" port may provide better clearance for some long-tube header setups
- 100% bolt-on in the factory oil cooler adapter location, just above the oil filter
- Built-in thermostat helps reduce engine wear and horsepower losses by preventing oil temperatures from dropping below optimal levels
- Maintains a minimum oil temperature of 180°F (82°C), 200°F (93°C) or 212°F (100°C) in most conditions (select preferred temperature from the drop down above)
- Rebuildable - just send it back to us and we will replace the thermal actuator, spring and seals
- Extra OUT port can be used for a sensor, turbo oil feed line, or oil accumulator
- Retains stock oil filter location
- Oil exiting the adapter is filtered oil
- 6061-T6 billet aluminum construction with black MIL-A-8625 Type II anodized finish
- High-temp Viton seals
- Lifetime Warranty
- Made in the USA
Available in -8AN, -10AN, or -12AN
- 1x Thermostatic oil cooler adapter block
- 1x Gasket
- 2x Zinc-plated steel mounting screws
- 1x -8AN plug
- Detailed installation instructions
- 2x Black anodized -8AN, -10AN, or -12AN adapter fittings with Viton O-rings
- 1x 1/8" NPT or M12x1.5 sensor port adapter fitting
- If equipped with a factory oil cooler, the following vehicles will require the optional factory oil cooler delete kit:
- 2010-2011 Chevrolet Camaro SS & ZL1: Part # 22962571-KIT
- 2012-2015 Chevrolet Camaro SS & ZL1: Part # HPL-1004-KIT
- We recommend using a straight hose end fitting for the OUT port and a 90-degree hose end fitting for the IN port. For additional clearance, use our low profile hose end fitting on the IN port (part number DO-090-08-08 (-8AN lines) or DO-090-10-08 (-10AN lines). Note only one O-ring boss adapter fitting is needed when using this low-profile hose end.
Note: This oil adapter is designed for O-ring boss fittings with a straight thread length of 0.500" or less. We recommend using our fittings in order to guarantee proper fitment and seal.
- Rear-sump LS engine oil pans with factory-style oil bypass cover
- 2010-2015 Camaro (V8 models)
- 2008-2009 Pontiac G8
- LSX engine blocks
- Will NOT fit 4WD trucks, as the driveshaft may interterfere with the lower fitting port