MM K-member for engine swap, Mustang, 1996-2004
Couldn't load pickup availability
Allows swapping one of the listed engines into a 1996-2004 Mustang chassis. This hybrid k-member bolts into a 1996-2004 Mustang chassis, but has the engine mounting pads and steering rack location to allow fitment of a 5.0L pushrod, 302, 351W, 4.2L, 3.8L, or 2.3L engine.
Get more front grip and dramatically improve the handling of your Mustang with an MM tubular K-member. At 37 lb, the MM K-member is 26% lighter than the OEM K-member, and yet it's the strongest, stiffest, and most durable K-member available. Fits these engines: 5.0L pushrod, 302, 351W, 4.2L, 3.8L, 2.3L.
Better by design
MM's Engineering Team optimized the suspension geometry to increase cornering grip and produce a better-handling Mustang. A design goal was to maximize stiffness, as that keeps the suspension geometry stable when cornering. The added stiffness makes the handling more precise and increases stability under braking.
Like the OEM K-member, MM K-members are designed and built to last for the life of your Mustang. While most aftermarket K-members focus on shedding weight, our design priorities led us to create advanced cross-bracing and triangulation of tube intersections to ensure the strength and durability needed for this mission-critical part. We use thicker-gauge metal and larger tube sizes than other companies to ensure the MM K-member has the strength to handle drag race launches and wheel stands, road race use, and of course the rigors of daily street driving.
MM K-members in the news
See the Articles tab.
Required for installation
- Tubular front control arms
- Front coil-over conversion with high-performance struts
- MM Aluminum Steering Rack Bushings
- Caster camber plates
- Bolt-through-style bumpsteer kit
- Short swaybar endlinks
- Front swaybar relocation brackets
- Universal Front Swaybar Bushings
- For installing a 4.6L/5.4L modular, 5.0L Coyote, or LSX engine in a 1996-2004 Mustang, use the MMKM-2.
- Stock front control arms won't fit because of the large size of the pivot bushings.
- For 1996-2004 Mustangs, we make 2 different front control arms. Each does something different:
- shifts the tires forward 0.75"
- shifts the tires forward 1.5"