RaceFlux Push-Lock Hose, 1/2'' ID, Sold by the foot
Couldn't load pickup availability
RaceFlux's RH7 rubber push-lock hose features an inner outer layer made from a CSM + CPE blend for compatibility with most all automotive fluids including lubricants, oils, gear oil, transmission fluid, coolants, methanol, water, and air. An embedded polyester fiber braid serves as reinforcement for a maximum pressure rating of 250 PSI. This hose meets the industry standard for "400 Series" push-lock hose.
This hose may be used for gasoline but is not recommended for ethanol and fuels containing ethanol as it will allow for some fuel permeation (emmission of fuel vapor). For fuels, we recommend FKM rubber or PTFE hoses as these will allow for nearly zero fuel permeation.
May be used with standard RaceFlux and other brand push-lock or hose barb fittings.
Push-lock hoses fit tightly on the barbs by design. To aid in assembly:
- Use dish soap as a lubricant when inserting the push-lock barbs into the hose
- Heat the hose by dipping it in hot water or use a blow dryer to soften the hose
- Hold the fitting in a vice and push the hose onto the barb in a single motion while simultaneously rotating the hose
Please note: Hose clamps (i.e. worm-gear or Oetiker ear clamps) are REQUIRED when:
- Using smooth hose barb fittings
- Using push-lock fittings with an operating pressure above 10 psi
Failure to install a hose clamp when necessary will likely result in failure and/or serious damage (i.e. a hose backing off the fitting).
Please reference the chart below to determine the correct ear clamp part number and size range. Note that the hose barb causes the hose to bulge, so you must use a clamp with a range larger than the hose outer diameter.
Features and Benefits
- Color is solid black
- Inner and outer bores made from a blend of CPE (Chlorinated Polyethylene) and CSM (Chlorosulfonated polyethylene)
- Reinforced with an embedded polyester fiber braid
- -40°F (-40°C) to 212°F (100°C) operating temperature
- 250 PSI max operating pressure
- For use with push-lock style fittings (not for use with re-usable "cutter" style or crimp AN hose end fittings)
- Note: This hose should NOT be submerged in fuel or used inside of fuel tanks
- Note: A hose clamp is required when using smooth hose barb fittings. Hose clamps are recommended when using push-lock fittings and required if operating pressure is above 10 psi.
Hose Specifications Chart
|Part Number||Inner Diameter (I.D.)||Outer Diameter (O.D)||Min. Bend Radius||Ear Clamp Part # (Size)|
|PH7-05||0.31" (7.90 mm)||0.56" (14.20 mm)||3.0" (76.2 mm)||HCP-3185 (15.5-18.5 mm)|
|PH7-06||0.38" (9.65 mm)||0.63" (16.00 mm)||3.0" (76.2 mm)||HCP-3185 (15.5-18.5 mm)|
|PH7-08||0.50" (12.70 mm)||0.75" (19.05 mm)||5.0" (127 mm)||HCP-3226 (19.0-22.6 mm)|
|PH7-10||0.63" (16.00 mm)||0.94" (23.88 mm)||6.0" (152.4 mm)||HCP-3256 (22.6-25.6 mm)|
|PH7-12||0.75" (19.05 mm)||1.00" (25.40 mm)||7.0" (177.8 mm)||HCP-3296 (26.6-29.6 mm)|
Sold by the foot. Maximum continuous length is 100 feet (30 meters)
Breather and vent lines
Gauge and sensor lines
Hydraulics: low pressure (return lines)
Other oil water and air systems
Air and gas
Power Steering Fluid
|Inner Diameter (I.D.)||
|Outer Diameter (O.D.)||
|Inner Bore Material||
Polyester Fiber (PTA + MEG)
|Minimum Bend Radius||
5.0" (127.0 mm)
|Minimum Operating Temperature||
|Maximum Operating Temperature||
|Maximum Operating Pressure||
250 psi (17.24 bar)
18 in/Hg (609 mbar)
1000 psi (68.94 bar)