Remote Oil Filter & Cooler Adapter, 4.6 and 5.4 Ford Modular V8
Couldn't load pickup availability
Improved Racing's Ford Modular V8 remote oil filter adapter allows you to relocate your oil filter to a more practical location (most commonly the front bumper) as well as accommodating the optional addition of oil cooler.
This bolt-on adapter replaces the factory oil filter and water inlet manifold. It has two 1/4" NPT ports (post filter) and one 1/8" NPT port (pre-filter) for factory sensor, aftermarket sensors or oil line feeds. The front-facing 1/4" NPT port is directly compatible with the factory oil temp sensor.
The engine oil ports are -10AN O-ring boss ports while the water port is a -16AN O-ring boss port. Factory radiator hoses of 1.5" and 1.75" are supported, as well as the option to use a -16AN adapter fitting for the engine's water inlet. Oil line adapters are available for -8AN, -10AN, and -12AN lines.
This adapter will fit any Ford Modular V8, however applications with a curved water neck on the factory manifold, such as the SN95 1996-2004 Ford Mustang GT, require Improved Racing's EFR-800 radiator hose. When selecting this optional radiator hose, you must also select the 1.75" hose barb adapter in the drop down. These two options make this filter relocation adapter a completely bolt on solution for the SN95 1996-2004 Mustang GT. Applications with a straight water neck on the factory manifold may reuse the factory radiator hose with minimal or no trimming required.
Fitment Note: The optional silicone radiator hose may not clear aftermarket turbo headers. A tight radius 90-degree -16AN adapter fitting and a custom radiator line may be required for these applications. We do not currently offer such a fitting.
Features and Benefits
- Replaces the factory oil filter and engine water inlet manifold, allowing for a remote oil filter setup and/or the addition of an oil cooler.
- Two 1/4" NPT ports for sensors or turbo oil feed line
- -10AN (JIC/SAE) straight thread O-ring ports for oil lines
- -16AN (JIC/SAE) straight thread O-ring port for engine water inlet
- CNC-machined 6061-T6 billet aluminum construction with MIL-A-8625 Type II black anodized finish
- Lifetime Warranty
- Made in the USA
Optional Oil Port Adapters Available in -8AN, -10AN, or -12AN
Optional Waterneck Barb Fittings Available for 1.5" and 1.75" Radiator Hoses
- 1x Remote oil filter adapter block
- 1x Bonded rubber gasket for 1996-1999 engine blocks
- 1x Bonded rubber gasket for 2000-2014 engine blocks
- 4x Zinc-plated steel mounting screws
- 1x 1/4" NPT plug with thread sealant
- 1x 1/8" NPT plug with thread sealant
- 2x Black anodized -8AN, -10AN, or -12AN adapter fittings with Viton O-rings (OPTIONAL)
- 1x Black anodized 1.5" or 1.75" hose barb adapter for radiator hose (OPTIONAL)
- 1x EFR-800 direct-fit silicone radiator hose for 1.75" hose barb adapter (OPTIONAL)
- All Ford Modular V8 engines including the 1996-2010 Mustang GT, 1995-2010 F-Series trucks, 1992-2012 Crown Victoria / Mercury Grand Marquis, 1990-2011 Lincoln Towncar, 1996-2014 E-Series vans, 1997-2014 Expedition, 2000-2005 Excursion, 1998-2014 Lincoln Navigator, and others.
- Note: If the water neck on your factory filter mount is curved (1996-2004 SN95 chassis Mustang GT) you must select the optional radiator hose and 1.75" hose barb adapter for a direct bolt-on installation. 2005-2010 Ford Mustang GT's may reuse the factory radiator hose but must select the optional 1.5" hose barb adapter.
- 1996-2002 Cobra and Mach 1 trims require an optional 1.75" to 1.50" radiator hose reducer, part number RHR-175-150. The EFR-800 silicone radiator hose may be used but must also be trimmed for these applications.
- Note: 2003-2004 Ford Mustang "Terminator" Cobra will require a custom radiator hose with double 90-degree bends to connect the factory thermostat housing to the EFR-100 adapter.
- In some cases, this adapter can provide enough clearance for forward facing turbo manifolds when used with our EFR-800 silicone radiator hose. Please check the clearance because the hose will interfere in some applications. The diagram below shows the amount of clearance provided for manifolds and exhaust headers when using EFR-100 with EFR-800:
2.00 lb (0.90 kg)
Type II Anodized
|Minimum Operating Temperature||
|Maximum Operating Temperature||
|Inlet Port Size||
-10AN O-Ring Boss Female
|Outlet Port Size||
-10AN O-Ring Boss Female
|Maximum Operating Pressure||
300 psi (20.68 bar)
|Max Recommended Flow Rate||
Up to 20 GPM (76 LPM)
|Sensor / Accessory Port 1||
|Sensor / Accessory Port 2||