Solid Motor Mounts, 1996-04 Mustang
Couldn't load pickup availability
Mustangs with big horsepower—and those with moderate horsepower but that are raced—will exceed the performance capability of stock motor mounts and even urethane-bushed motor mounts. Whether you race or just deploy that monster engine in a few choice straightaways around town, MM's solid motor mounts will keep your engine locked down.
While rubber and urethane motor mounts reduce the transmission of engine vibration and noise into your Mustang's cabin, the very way they do that means they deform and flex while reacting to engine torque.
That motor mount flex allows the engine and transmission to rock over, which slows your Mustang's reaction to throttle inputs. Basically, you're losing torque when you want it most. Flexing also shortens soft mount longevity, leading to frequent replacement.
MM's Engineering Team designed these solid motor mounts to keep your Mustang's engine securely in place. Here's why they're great:
- Eliminate the soft mounts' unwanted driveline torque reaction.
- Handle high power levels with thick steel design.
- Maintain the stock engine location.
- Improve throttle response.
- No need for added-on torque straps.
- Direct bolt-in, just like stock mounts.
- 1996-2004 Mustang 4.6L engines, 2V and 4V
- Coyote engine swapped into 1979-1995 Mustang with the MMKM-2.1 K-member
- Coyote engine swapped into 1996-2004 Mustang
- Swapping in a 2015+ Coyote engine? Coming soon are MM motor mounts that shift the engine forward to accommodate the CMCV controller.
- Recommended for track use.
- While some owners use these on street-driven Mustangs, you'll need to be at the far end of the hardcore scale to tolerate the increased NVH.