This thermostatic sandwich plate kit allows plumbing an oil cooler to Gen 1-2 SBC and Mk. 1-6 BBC engines. The kit includes an Improved Racing ENV-132-T7 thermostatic sandwich plate, the ENV-118 filter spacer and 410 stainless steel 13/16"-16 filter bung extension screws.
Please note the sandwich plate will only accommodate filters with gaskets up to 3.0" in outer diameter and is NOT compatible with original SBC / BBC filters, which are larger in diameter. A modern filter such as the AC Delco PF59 or PF46, or Wix 51522 or 51042 are all good choices and flow as well as the larger original filters. See the Documentation tab for a list of recommended filters.
The sandwich plate's built-in thermostat bypasses the oil cooler until the oil has reached its minimum operating temperature. The thermostat valve is available in 180°F, 200°F and 212°F temperatures. This allows for quicker warm up times and prevents the oil cooler from over-cooling the engine during street driving.
Features -10AN make flare ports for plumbing an oil cooler.
Features and Benefits
- 6061-T6 billet aluminum construction with black MIL-A-8625 Type II anodized finish
- Filter bung extension screws are machined from hardened 410 stainless steel for excellent durability
- Made in USA
- Lifetime Warranty
- 1x ENV-132-T7 212°F oil coler sandwich plate
- 1x ENV-118 oil filter adapter spacer for Gen 1-2 SBC and Mk 1-6 BBC engines
- 2x Sealing O-rings
- 2x 13/16"-16 stainless steel filter bung extension screw
- Gen 1-2 Chevrolet Small Block Engines
- Mark 1-6 Chevrolet Big Block Engines
- Fits filters with gasket inner diameter from 2.0" up to maximum gasket outer diameter of 3.0"